Approved in 1914 to provide water to the fire department this tower has seen a lot of history since it was completed. In order to build the tower the city needed a few extra feet on the adjoining lot so they paid the owner, B.T. French, the sum of $1 for the rent of 3 feet of his property for as long this tower stands. In today’s worth, that $1 would be about $30. In 1915, that $1 could buy three dozen eggs.
BELOW: A portion of the minutes showing the resolution of the City Council from December 2, 1914 authorizing the agreement with B.T. French.